Lead Tax Analyst – Employment Taxes(General Electric)
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Your responsibilities will include:
- The position will support payroll tax reviews to meet jurisdictional reporting, withholding and filing compliance requirements with focus on individual income and social taxes.
- In particular, pro-actively validating that a wide and numerous array of payroll tax calculations, filing and remittance processes have been executed correctly, and assisting the company to reconcile internally and to the tax authorities that this is the case, as required.
- A particular area of focus will be employee deployments across country borders inside and outside the region. The candidate will work with strategic business partners including internal (businesses, payroll, legal, HR, Corporate Tax), external (tax and payroll providers), and relevant tax authorities.
- As well as ensuring the quality of employment tax compliance and cost effectiveness in real time, the position will support any tax authority audits arising, projects arising, issues arising and broader objectives that are within the purview of GE’s global employment taxes team.The position reports to GE’s leaders for employment taxes in the SSA region, based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The ideal candidates for this role will have:
- Region of 3+ years tax, payroll or other relevant experience
- Strong English language skills
- Analytical and data manipulation skills
- Ability to assist with research and analysis of tax implications based on tax laws, cases and treaties
- Communication and cross-functional project leadership skills
- Ability to operate effectively in matrixed environment and with diverse disciplines
- Tenacity to progress and conclude enquiries/information requests internally
- Credibility and personal authority
- Self starter and independent worker
- Adaptable/flexible: open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or ability to work in ambiguous situations
- Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria