Health & Safety/Compliance Officer (British High Commission (BHC) )
Reporting directly to the Head of Corporate Services and the candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing health and safety procedures
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure Post meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including recommended mandatory training and reporting.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Co-ordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
- Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
- Establish a structured programme of health & safety training throughout Post.
- Act as Secretary for Post Health & Safety Committee meetings and ensure all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work and communicate relevant changes to stakeholders.
- Provide regular reports to Post Health and Safety Committee on relevant health and safety activities.
- Liaise with suppliers for procurement of health and safety resources
- Any other duties which may be required by management from time to time.
- Assist wider Corporate Services team with Audit follow up on health and safety matters. Provide compliance support across the core streams in Corporate Services. Working with Head of Corporate Services to ensure ideal scores on compliance indicators.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- The successful candidate should have a proven background of successfully generating, monitoring and achieving health & safety objectives.
- Health and Safety qualification
- 3 years relevant experience.
- Experience in a building service /construction / Facilities Management environment
- Work without close supervision, but a good team player
- Experience or knowledge of environmental management systems
- Experience of administrative work
- He/she should be an excellent communicator with great influencing skills able to build exceptional working relationships across all levels, confident in challenging unacceptable Health & Safety behaviour.
- Safety, Health and Environmental Business administration certificate
- Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Building Capability for All, Delivering at Pace