Contracts Assistant (African Development Bank Group (AfDB))
The objective of this job will be to administer contracts; liaise with User Departments and with suppliers to monitor performance, to ensure compliance and to resolve any eventual disputes.
The job holder provides support to the planning activities of the contracting function and preparing relevant statistics.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Under the Supervision of the Chief Procurement Officer, the Senior Contracts Assistant will:
- Administer contracts; liaise with User Departments and with suppliers to monitor performance, to ensure compliance and to resolve any eventual disputes.
- Review and approve contracts within the delegated authority threshold.
- Prepare regular progress reports on contracting activities and answer questions concerning procurement and contracting.
- Schedule and attend meetings with user departments to discuss and resolve contracting issues.
- Provide support to the contracting activities of the procurement function and preparing relevant statistics.
- Develop templates and guidance documents for the contracting function of the department.
- Deliver training to user departments for improved contract management within the Bank.
- Develop and monitor contract administration program pre and post award, providing guidance and direction to support the implementation of work relative to contract issues.
- Develop and manage contract renewal schedules for all ongoing requirement contracts.
- Support clients’ efforts in creating annual works program estimates and plans.
The ideal candidate for this role will include:
- Hold at least a Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Economics, Law, Marketing, Management, Computer Science or other related fields.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience as a contract administrator, contract manager or relevant role with experience from private sector being an added advantage.
- Good understanding, interpretation and application of the Bank’s rules and procedures and public procurement principles.
- Knowledge of legal requirements involved with contracts.
- Familiarity with accounting procedures.
- Experience in contracting and contract monitoring.
- Having private sector experience will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrate careful attention to detail or essential elements and accuracy of information before making a decision or delivering the information.
- Ability to break down complex situations, examine it from various angles, develop practical and realistic recommendations / solutions
- Ability to understand how clients perceive and assess quality of services provided and answer internal or external clients’ requests quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Proficient in the use of standard MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Practical knowledge of SAP systems will be an advantage.