Information and Communications Technology Officer (Action Against Hunger | ACF-International)
The Information and Communications Technology Officer will be based in Damaturu, Yobe State and report to the Logistics Manager.
He/she will be responsible for ensuring that Action Against Hunger Nigeria mission has well maintained, up-to-standard IT, HF/VHF radio, satellite, internet, mobile phone and GPS equipment.
The ICT Officer will be responsible for the maintenance and troubleshooting of the ICT hardware, software, networks and peripheries.
Your responsibilities will include:
- The task and responsibilities includes but are not limited to:
- Focal point for all technical ICT issues for office and field staff.
- Supervise equipment repair and installation by supplier and liaise with ICT suppliers (computer, phone, HF/VHF).
- Label and register new ICT equipment, create equipment ID cards and equipment folders for them, issue equipment to users using ACTION AGAINST HUNGER standard forms
- Update equipment tracker with new ICT equipment and every time there is a change in user
- Maintain a laptop maintenance log and ensure all staff have well-functioning ICT equipment.
- Maintain mobile phone account list and liaise with the Finance team regarding opening and closing phone accounts.
- Manage Subscriptions- liaise with ISP, documentations, authorizations from government.
- Ensure that ACTION AGAINST HUNGER staff are using their equipment in line with ACTION AGAINST HUNGER ICT policy.
- Ensure the standard ACTION AGAINST HUNGER communication procedures are respected in the bases.
- Conduct computer, radio, satphone and other equipment training as and when required.
- Explain the maintenance tasks to be carried out regularly (clean-up, defragmentation, etc.)
The ideal candidate for this role will include:
- Have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Engineering with at least 2 years working experience in the IT sector, or IT support in the development sector.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Be approachable, diplomatic, able to maintain confidentiality and able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment.
- Be a computer literate with excellent skills in all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Be fluent in English and Hausa.
- Pay excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently.
- Have the capacity to analyze, synthesis and report of large amounts of information.
- Have the willingness to travel to field sites.
- Have previous experience working for NGOs, particularly international and/or health related NGOs.