Senior Resource Mobilization and Partnership Officer (African Development Bank Group (AfDB))
The Senior Resource Mobilization & Partnerships Officer plays a central role in resource mobilization from sovereign partners, in partnership engagement and management, and in monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
Under the supervision of the Division Manager, the Resource Mobilization & Partnership Officer will also provide advice and support to internal and external clients on a range of resource mobilization and partnership issues including but not limited to: the African Development Fund, bilateral trust funds, special initiatives and any other innovative partnership mechanisms involving the Bank Group’s traditional sovereign partners.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Task manage specific resource mobilization efforts through statutory and/or non-statutory replenishments, co-financing, fundraising for trust funds, special initiatives and any other innovative partnership mechanisms with the Bank Group’s traditional, sovereign partners;
- Oversee the administration, monitoring of these funds as well as their disbursement, so as to ensure organizational compliance with Donors’ financial and programmatic reporting requirements by promoting the effective and efficient use of mobilized Donor resources;
- Conduct consistent monitoring and evaluation activities of Donor-funded activities and preparing progress / financial reports to the respective Donors;
- Provide internal stakeholders with technical advice and information on development partner funding priorities to strengthen opportunities for target fundraising and facilitate the coordination and collaboration between Bank Group business units;
- Contribute to key processes during the African Development Fund cycle, including replenishment, resource allocation, monitoring, reporting, and also, updating and or developing of related procedures and operational guidelines;
- Assist in the organization of regular internal and external outreach events for the benefit of staff and other stakeholders to explain the activities of the different funds and key drivers of the allocation system;
- Participate in and contribute to key partnerships meetings, (including those with other Multilateral Development Banks and other international organizations, philanthropic organizations) to seek for new resource mobilization and partnership opportunities for the Bank Group;
- Contribute to effective collaboration with other departments and complexes;
- Contribute to the conceptualization, elaboration and presentation of Bank Group resource mobilization and negotiation documents; elaborate policy and strategy papers relevant to resource mobilization and/or negotiation process;
- Contribute to the development of strategic options for positioning the Bank Group in the global aid architecture, mobilizing and deploying its resources, by contributing to the planning, conceptualization, elaboration and presentation of the Bank Group key resource mobilization and negotiation documents;
- Assist in elaborating Division’s objectives, work programs and their execution while ensuring that deadlines are met and that outputs meet the highest technical standard.
The ideal candidate for this role will include:
- Hold at least a Master's degree or its equivalent in either the Social Sciences (Economics, Politics, Sociology, etc.), Finance, Public Policy, International Affairs, Law and/or other relevant fields from recognized institutions and with stellar academic records.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience at national and international level, of which at least two to three (2-3) must be related to resource mobilization and/or partnerships across public, private and/or non-profit sectors along with established operational track record in achieving results.
- Demonstrable knowledge of international development financing and the global funding architecture, particularly as related to the Addis Ababa Conference on Financing for Development.
- Knowledge of the African Development Bank’s various financial instruments, policies as well as of its resource mobilization and on-lending activities is an added advantage.
- Having private sector experience will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrable record of operational effectiveness, client orientation, problem solving, communication and teamwork.
- Excellent spoken and written English or French with preferably working knowledge of the other.
- Ability to demonstrate cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Competence in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.