Transmission Operations Engineer (MainOne Cable Nigeria)
Your responsibilities will include:
- The TX Ops Engineer will be responsible for the day to day operations of the MainOne terrestrial network comprising of network elements such as Huawei OSN series, Dragon Wave HC & HC+ and ECI equipment within and outside Lagos metropolis.
- In addition, the job holder will be responsible for the following:
- Troubleshooting and resolution of 1st and 2nd level network related problems.
- Respond to and resolve SDH & MW networks issues within the timeframe of severity level agreements.
- Review and execute RPRs (re-provision requests) on DragonWave HC+, Huawei OSN series (especially OSN3500,OSN500 & OSN8800) and ECI box (BG-20 & BG-30) platforms with minimal supervision.
- Support all aspects of the network management process assuring requests, implementation, and problems are delivered as required with no impact to the global communications.
- Deploy and document changes in accordance with problem and change management process
- Participate in managing projects introduced by engineering team assuring full implementation and documentation standards are adhered to. Complete the projects objectives within timelines.
- Able to interpret, review and implement PDH and SDH networks designs from the core network planning team.
- Perform most effective approach to restore, recover, or alter configurations, logical or physical, to maintain service integrity
- Ensure that Main One’s global and metro fiber network documentation is always accurate and up to date.
- You will be required to work closely with the NOC team, the Technical Sales team and the rest of the Network Planning and Implementation team.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- A Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Electrical/Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- At least 3 years post NYSC work experience in the configuration,operations and maintenance of optical fiber SDH and wireless network equipment.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- May be required to travel out of station.
- Maybe required to work weekends.
- A working knowledge of microwave transmission and must have undergone a mid-level training in optical and wireless networks with focus on SDH/PDH/IP transmission standards/protocols and their applications.
- Basic understanding of quality of service and network management concepts with respect to transmission networks is a must.
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian telecommunication market and/or experience working in a telecommunications environment
- Ability to interpret topography, network design maps and AutoCAD Designs.
- Ability to use E-Analyzer, SDH Analyzer and other signal testing tools/instrument without supervision.
- Time management skills.
- Team work abilities.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Solid foundation in electronics theory.
- Demonstrated mastery of telecommunication industry standards, dimensioning transmission network element systems, ITU, and ANSI/ETSI etc