Field Maintenance Engineer (Rutotech International Limited)
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintenance Engineers are involved in several tasks to ensure that industrial machines are maintained and repaired.
- In reviewing several job listings for this profession, we found the following are among the core duties and responsibilities of a Maintenance Engineer.
- To avoid malfunction and other problems with equipment, it is up to the Maintenance Engineer to make sure that equipment is working and not in danger of breaking down.
- They perform routine inspections and preventive maintenance on machines to keep them running smoothly.
- This might include replacing worn parts and checking oil and other fluid levels.
- When an industrial machine breaks down, it is up the Maintenance Engineer to get it working again.
- They are responsible for troubleshooting the problem and assessing whether parts can be repaired or need to be replaced.
- They would commonly be responsible for ordering and installing replacement parts.
- Maintenance Engineers must also make any required upgrades or changes to established systems to improve or prolong efficiency.
- In some cases, machines that no longer work simply cannot be repaired due to the age of the machine or the cost of the repairs.
- It is then the responsibility of the Maintenance Engineer to install new equipment and to perform checks following installation to ensure that all systems are in working order.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Candidates should possess relevant qualifications.