Project Commercial Manager (GE)
Reporting operationally to the Project Director and functionally supported by the Commercial Director, the job holder is responsible for providing commercial leadership and direction within a multi discipline subsea project, sharing responsibility with the PD for contractual and financial delivery of the project in accordance with execution and financial plan.
Your responsibilities will include:
- The job holder provides key commercial interface between internal business units, functions (finance, planning, sourcing, legal, PLs), client and management team on all project commercial and contractual matters.
- Facilitate the bid handover and booking process and ensure that the necessary commercial information is understood and disseminated to the extended project team.
- Establish and maintain the project variation control system and managing negotiations in line with contract requirements.
- Ensure compliance with the project specific contractual administration requirements.
- Provide advice, assistance and guidance to management, PMs and functions on project specific contractual matters.
- Manage the invoicing process ensuring that the project maintains the best possible free cash flow.
- Ensure commercial risks are identified and managed across the project scopes of work by controlling the overall project risk and opportunity review and reporting process.
- Accurately manage the project cost status and reporting and advising on variances, risks and corrective actions affecting the overall project estimate to complete.
- Co-ordinate and support periodic client and internal reporting and performance presentations.
- Ensure a project sourcing plan and timeline is established with the support of Sourcing function and ensure that related commercial and contractual risks for key subcontracts and major purchases are being mitigated and opportunities are managed.
- Manage and support the formulation and negotiation of project contractual claims and counter claims.
- Support the handover process to the base organization at project completion.
- Deputize for the PD as required..
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, or, other relevant legal, commercial, energy related degree/or equivalent.
- Substantial contract management experience in an O&G capital construction project environment.
- Proven track record in contributing to the improvement of project profitability, cash flow and control of commercial risk in previous roles.
- Commercially, financially and contractually aware with good communication, inter-personal and negotiation skills.
- Strong commercial leadership skills with proven capability of working in a matrix environment and of leading by influence.
- Willing to work at a detail level.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Industry Legal Awareness: Full understanding and working knowledge of the key legal risk areas such as but not limited to contractual liability, insurance requirements, defective performance and warranty obligations for goods and services and application of same in the Oil and Gas (O&G) Industry.
- Commercial Awareness: Full understanding and working knowledge of all aspects of lump sum and reimbursable project related financial and contractual management clauses in areas such as but not limited to Application of Rates, Confidentiality, Completion Notices, Payment Profiles & Cashflow, Variation Control, Escalations, Cancellation, Hedging etc. required to make sound commercial decisions.
- Risk Assessment: Understanding of key commercial risks and areas for opportunity and able to lead project risk review process and assessments.
- Technical Product Knowledge: Understanding of subsea production systems
- Negotiating Skills: To secure favorable outcomes, having the flexibility to understand and negotiate alternative contractual and commercial positions with customers (subject to approval).