Asset Custodian(Stanbic IBTC)
You are to Ensure the availability of treasury cash, reserve and blank forms.
Ensure the availability of a fully functional cash service to tellers including the custody and balancing of Vault cash, processing of vault deposits, withdrawal and handling of related reports.
Control treasury cash, blank forms, safe custody items and duplicate keys
Understand and manage the risks associated with the custody of these items as well as the changes in the custody of assets through an effective system of controls.
Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards. Ensure that the correct security procedures are adhered to when cash is moved to agencies and delivered to/collected from Cash Management Unit.
Effectively manage cash to ensure vault approved limits are not exceeded.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Ensure that laid-down instructions for the handling and movement of treasury cash to and from tellers and SBV are adhered to
• Ensure that current stock of blank forms received is recorded and signed for according to laid-down procedures
• Ensure that record keeping is carried out according to laid-down instructions for treasury cash, blank forms and safe custody items
• Ensure that swept deposits are correctly handled in terms of the laid down instructions
• Ensure that all Irregular Items have been handled before the end of the day
• Ensure that cash holdings do not exceed prescribed limits
• Ensure that sufficient cash levels are maintained to meet customer requirements
• Ensure that Auto Bank and Auto Cash terminals are always adequately stocked with cash and stationery
• Maintain close liaison with the Auto Bank Control Center to ensure that equipment problems are dealt with promptly
• Ensure that potential faults that could cause equipment to malfunction are identified and resolved on time
• Ensure that all ATM terminals are kept clean and maintained in good condition.
• Control ATM cash according to laid-down instructions
• Balance cash at the required intervals
• Report and action differences in ATM cash promptly
• Ensure that ATM cash is safeguarded against unnecessary and preventable loss
• Action ATM reports as listed on the Duty List promptly in terms of laid-down instructions
• Reconcile ATM cash daily • Action Care Suspects accurately and on time, resulting in reduced operating losses
• Follow standardized routine procedures for control purposes
• Draw on experience of branch cash requirements and cyclical impacts on cash resources to plan for fluctuating cash demands and optimize cash holdings
• Plan and execute regular maintenance requirements for ATM terminals, and deal with day to day unexpected interruptions to service in order to maximize
• Ability to attend to customer queries in a timely manner.
• Sound recall of procedures and previous experiences, in order to recognize the appropriate solution to each situation
• Resourceful, finding practical ways to efficiently deal with voluminous workloads, and remain focused on priority issues
• Planning is on a daily to weekly basis within regular activity cycles
• Understand the impact of ATM services provided, the interrelatedness of the services provided to branch staff, and the impact on customers.
• Work within set policy, procedures, system parameters and internal controls. Able to respect authority and take instructions
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
• First degree in any discipline (minimum of Second Class Lower)
• Good verbal communication skills required for explaining banking procedures
• Ability to convey factual information clearly
• Ability to listen and probe effectively to determine customers’ real needs
• Assertive - able to stand by principles and put forward an idea or view despite opposition
• Resilient – able to retain optimism despite setbacks and not take criticism personally
• Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure
• Methodical, accurate and pays attention to detail
• Persistent in following instructions and completing tasks
• Results-orientated, adheres to turn-around times/deadlines
• Customer service-orientated, diplomatic, tolerant and helpful to those in need of assistance
• Team player – ability to share with others
• Self-motivated and energetic
• ATM operating and maintenance experience
• Two Years branch banking experience, with exposure to tellering, cash operations and safe custody
• Broad understanding of the bank’s procedures and policies and the application of the Group Reference Guide
• Knowledge of the Code of Banking Practice
• Comprehensive knowledge of bank’s laid-down instructions regarding treasury cash, blank forms and securities as related to the job
• In-depth knowledge of branch cash flow administration, cash transactions and on-line money transfers
• Knowledge of the NDS System in relation to own department
• Detailed knowledge of ATM custodianship
• Sound understanding of the entire process of transactions from customer to Operations Support Centre/Proof of Deposit
• Attendance of the ATM Custodian course, and certificate of competence
• Understanding of the impact and inter-relatedness of the services provided to branch staff and customers
About Stanbic IBTC
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading provider of integrated financial services including personal banking, corporate banking, credit cards, business banking, pensions and wealth management products and services. Stanbic IBTC Bank offers clients a wide range of corporate, investment, business and personal banking products and solutions. With over 60 branches across the country and over 1500 dedicated staff, we are positioned to take care of your banking requirements