Digital Marketing Partner, Africa (Diageo)
Reporting to the “Global Digital Director, Marketing” working alongside the “Senior Marketing Partner” for Europe and Africa, the Marketing Partner for Africa will join our agile, creative and resourceful team to transform the way we use digital and wider marketing in Africa.
We expect this role will be based in our London offices, but based on candidate it could also potentially be based in Uganda, Kenya, South Africa or Nigeria. The role will require you to become an expert in Diageo Africa and to work with African markets to improve marketing through digital. The role will require travel and management of senior stakeholders across Africa.
As a Marketing Partner, you are critical to achieving our vision. You will make it your mission to ensure our marketing is powered by both technology and data. This means that you’re up to speed on best practices and trends in Marketing, Digital Media and Technology. You will work collaboratively and build strong working relationships. You will need to be organized as well as able to manage multiple workflows and priorities effectively. You should be strong at presenting with an analytical mind, able to see trends and identify opportunities from data.
With cross-functional teams and third party agencies at your side, you will be charged with directing the path to success for the digital activity of our brand teams. Not only will you guide the way by solution shaping the technology and data requirements for our brands’ digital activity, you’ll also seek out new opportunities and problem solve.
If you’re a hungry Digital Marketing Manager, Digital Account Director or Digital Technologist or simply a big thinker with a real understanding of Marketing, Digital Media and Analytics, you can make this opportunity career-defining.
Your responsibilities will include:
- It’s your responsibility to bridge the gap between marketing and technology as the prominent member of a cross-functional global digital team.
- You inspire, challenge and enable our marketers to deliver industry-leading digital marketing by making full use of our global training and digital marketing subject matter experts
- You will deliver quarterly business reviews to marketing directors in Africa, highlighting key opportunities and outlining our focus/priority areas to make a difference in market. You will then proceed to deliver against these areas.
- You work in collaboration with the brand teams at every stage of their digital activity, bringing expertise, speed, agility and stability
- You are accountable for ensuring success of the technology implementation within the cross-functional team
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Manage multiple brand relationships and digital projects simultaneously.
- Provide innovative solutions for digital campaigns
- Track digital campaign benefits against established KPIs.
- Create and deliver presentations in Powerpoint, having powerful conversations to influence senior decision makers.
- Help marketers use data to make better decisions.
- Partner with multiple agency teams