Partner Tehcnology Manager (Microsoft)
The Partner Tehcnology Manager or the Tech Lead is a key leadership role within Microsoft’s partner engagement strategy as part of One Commercial Partner Organization. The goal is to lead regional partner technology strategy, technical recruitment and engagement across the Microsoft Build-With Lifecycle. The Tech lead will help secure partner’s technical commitment to build practices and engage through the Microsoft Partner Journey Maps. Further, the role will need to provide leadership to develop required solutions/practices and build partner capacity by working with the managed partner portfolio through the Microsoft Build-With lifecycle, from recruit to grow phases. The Tech Lead will work across Microsoft and the Partner organization to ensure business goals are aligned to partner offerings. The seniority of the role evidences Microsoft’s deep commitment to the partner ecosystem to build a mutually beneficial business relationship by working closely with partner senior technical leadership. The Tech Lead represents Microsoft to the channel, communicates our tech strategy, sells our vision and brings partners along in the digital transformation journey. The Tech Lead will need to develop and manage a high performance team that will support partner recruitment, enablement and business growth. The outcome will be to drive long-term revenue, cloud consumption and digital transformation through a set of practices leading to workload/industry based co-sell.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Partner Tech Engagement: Define and drive strategy around building the required partner technical capabilities for building profitable practices for the different workloads in Modern Workplace and Business Applications for different partner types (CD, ISV, MSP and SI). Execute this strategy through a team of Partner Technology Architects (PTAs) and in collaboration with the PTS. Provide leadership to support partner recruitment, partner portfolio optimization, capacity and capability to grow the business in alignment with global partner priorities and strategy. Sponsor key technical partner leadership relationships and facilitate securing technical commitment aligned to the Microsoft Partner Journey maps. Co-own the partner engagement plan across the Microsoft Build–With lifecycle, provide leadership to manage overall partner portfolio optimization, capacity and capability. Ensure that partners are able to utilize our technology in its full potential in order to deliver a sustainable, repeatable and growing practice.
- Team Leadership: Recruit, retain and manage a world class high performance team. Oversee and be responsible for team commitments and strive for success. Be a team leader who sets aspirational goals and drives team towards success while ensuring effective teaming and coordination between roles across teams to win business and remove blockers. Drive PTAs to manage new and existing partners based on local capacity requirements and inputs from co-sell teams to drive technology enablement for portfolio optimization.
- Business Orchestration: Be a key partner to the PTS manager and PMAs and other functions (STU and BG) in planning and orchestrating the building of the required partner capabilities and practices. Support the all up Microsoft Build –With plan and influence overall partner portfolio optimization, capacity and capability. Drive and support alignment and orchestration between PTS and PTA, ensure efficient and effective utilization of the pooled resources, prioritize top development opportunities.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Deep understanding of digital transformation business drivers, cloud platforms, emerging computing trends and their impact on customer opportunities.
- 10+ years of experience in partner technical management, technology solutions, practice development, partner channel development, people management in the technology industry
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with partner leadership and building cloud consumption share in large or strategic accounts.
- Extensive experience managing people and virtual teams across functions and geographies:
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork, diversity and cross-team alignment
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Able to motivate team and manage complex people dynamics
- Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small technical audiences.
- Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners.
- Technical BS degree, Computer Science or Math background required. MS in related fields desirable.