WASH Technical Officers (Action Against Hunger | ACF-International)
The WASH Technical Officer will be working under the leadership and guidance of the WASH Emergency Response Program Manager, accountable for professional technical contribution to drilling and construction of the WASH project activities within the framework of the emergency response program in Northeast, Nigeria.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Overall supervision of water and sanitation construction activities including preparing technical designs and bills of quantities.
- Train and build the capacity of staffs and partners.
- Coordinate with internal staff and local stakeholders to ensure smooth project implementation.
The ideal candidate for this role will include:
- Degree in Water Engineering, Hydrology, Civil Engineering, and other related fields.
- Previous experience in supervising drilling and construction activities
- Professional, good organizational capacity, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- Three years relevant work experience
- Microsoft Office and designing software Skills (AutoCAD, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa and English
- Commitment to AAH mission, values and policy
- Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience of work in the humanitarian sector
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy
- Previous experience with AAH.