Financial Control & Risk Management (Standard Chartered)
Supports the head of Finance Systems and Controls to manage internal controls in finance and drive adherence to financial controls policy across the bank. Also drives adherence to the provisions of the operational risk management framework across Finance.
Your responsibilities will include
- Monitor compliance with and adherence to Financial Controls Policy (FCP) across the bank
- Maintain the Bank’s Chart of Accounts, ensuring complete reconciliation in place.
- Review General Ledger suspense and sundry accounts
- Ensure outstanding items in general ledger sundry and suspense accounts are within life span
- Assist in coordinating FCP and ORMAF trainings for Finance and other units across the Bank.
- Perform Assurance reviews to ensure adherence to the FCP
- Perform Trial Balance reviews in line with the FCP
- Support the development and enhancement of the Finance control environment.
The ideal candidate will have
- Professional qualifications in Accounting and Finance e.g. ACCA, ACA plus at least six years work experience either in the banking industry or audit firm.
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Broad understanding of banking practice
- General understanding of minimum controls standards
- An eye for detail and accuracy with a strong analytical capability
- Probing mind
- People management and stakeholder engagement skill
- High level of computer literacy is required especially the use simple system/ data query tools
- Team coordination, supervisory, people management and accurate execution/delivery of agreed tasks and objectives.
- Good business writing skills
About Standard Chartered
We're one of the world's most international banks. Our global network provides banking services in some of the world's most dynamic markets.We operate in some of the world's most dynamic markets and have been for over 150 years. More than 90 per cent of our income and profits are derived from Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
We provide a wide-range of products and services for personal and business customers across 68 markets.
Our income and profits have more than doubled in the last few years as a result of our geographic focus and commitment to our customers.
We aim to be a positive force in our markets. Our brand promise, Here for good, underlines our distinctive approach.We’re one of the world's most international banks with over 1,700 branches, offices and outlets in 68 countries.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities, enabling you to collaborate across borders and experience different cultures. With our presence in the most dynamic markets, we can help accelerate your career.
Show us you can shine and you’ll discover everything we have to offer.