About Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited
Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) was established in 1993 as an affiliate of Exxon Corporation.
EEPNL and other Esso subsidiaries hold interests in six deepwater blocks covering 3.2 million acres, which gives them the second largest deepwater offshore acreage position in Nigeria.
ExxonMobil's subsidiaries in Nigeria hire graduates at all degree levels (Bachelor's, Master's & Ph.D.). Ideal candidates should have strong academic credentials coupled with solid, relevant work experience, where applicable. Equally important are soft skills developed through previous leadership and team roles; i.e. interpersonal effectiveness, communication skills, time management skills, presentation skills, and adaptability.
Diversity is important to us and we provide a work environment that treats all employees with respect, values diverse perspectives, encourages individual growth and achievement, and rewards people based on their performance.
Everything that we do is guided by our commitment to establish and follow the highest technical and business standards in our entire industry.
We provide highly competitive compensation and benefits knowing that this represents investment in our people. Our people are our competitive edge!
Senior Marine Technician (Usan)
Conduct routine maintenance and repair in all areas of marine auxiliary machineries and other related marine equipment such as diesel filtration system, sewage treatment plant, bilge pumps, inert gas systems, cargo pumps.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare marine related machineries and equipment for statutory and classification inspections.
- Diesel fuel condition and quality monitoring as well as condition monitoring of crude oil washing machines.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- The ideal candidate must currently be working on Usan field or have prior relevant experience on Usan field.
- The ideal candidate must possess a good knowledge of Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) and Classification Societies’ compliance requirements, as well as, general knowledge of operation, maintenance and repair of marine mechanical systems
- HND Marine Engineering or Class 2 Certificate of Competency for unlimited tonnage with Crude Oil Petroleum Endorsement
- Class 1 Certificate of Competency is preferable
- Minimum of twelve (12) years relevant experience on Foreign Going Vessels or a Very Large Crude Carrier (VLCC)
- Strong leadership and excellent communication skills
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities.