About Standard Chartered Bank
We're one of the world's most international banks. Our global network provides banking services in some of the world's most dynamic markets. We operate in some of the world's most dynamic markets and have been for over 150 years. More than 90 per cent of our income and profits are derived from Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
We provide a wide-range of products and services for personal and business customers across 68 markets.
Our income and profits have more than doubled in the last few years as a result of our geographic focus and commitment to our customers.
We aim to be a positive force in our markets. Our brand promise, Here for good, underlines our distinctive approach. We’re one of the world's most international banks with over 1,700 branches, offices and outlets in 68 countries.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities, enabling you to collaborate across borders and experience different cultures. With our presence in the most dynamic markets, we can help accelerate your career.
Show us you can shine and you’ll discover everything we have to offer.
SME Portfolio Manager
Acquisition and managing of PSB customer relationships through pro-active and consultative approach and detailed understanding of existing customers’ businesses to enhance liabilities and revenues. The holder is to be the link between strategic and tactical / operational roles in the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Acquisition of profitable new customers for PSB banking business through the creation, development and maintenance of high quality advisory relationships that includes effective consultative selling and creative restructuring of financial solutions (within segmentation boundaries).
- Achieve budgeted growth in SB Banking within agreed and approved business risk parameters.
- Deepen and secure existing and new business relationships through the analysis of needs and provision of products and services.
- Creatively tailor products to meet individual and customer needs.
- Analyses and reviews quality of potentials and existing business to ensure maximum profitability.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all actual and attempted customer interactions.
- Conduct customer meetings that have defined call objectives, desired outcomes and a well-constructed plan.
- Provide feedback to senior management, marketing and product management on customer’s needs and the efficiency of marketing strategies and tactics.
- Responsible for delivering a service to customers that matches the Bank’s brand promise of being “the Right Partner’.
- Market Intelligence.
In conducting this role, valuable feedback will be obtained from:
- Your key customers on why they are multi-banked and why they are willing to move their entire business to SCB.
- Sales leads arising from referrals from key customers and review of key customers larger transactions as to why they are not willing to open accounts with us.
- Your key customers on what they think of our products and services.
- Following up sales leads given to you.
- Review of large transactions movements on why and where the money is going.
- Data obtained on new accounts and why they are opening accounts with us and who their previous bankers are.
- Other tasks as assigned by GM/Top Team SME Banking
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Banking experience is an advantage 0 -3 years depending on Job grade.
- Sound relationship skills, credit, sales and management skills.
- Strong in analytics and numerate.
- Minimum qualification – Tertiary qualification – not lower than 2nd class . Relevant professional qualifications are added advantage.